In the world of technology competition is increasing day by day. In terms of market caps listed on NASDAQ (American stock exchange) Apple is the world’s most valuable company in world. First it went passed Exxon mobil and now it went passed Google to claim the number one spot in terms of share price.
Here is the list of the top 10 tech companies-
1) Apple ($590.82 Billion) - Apple is an multinational American corporation that designs and sells electronics, computer software and personal computers. Company is famous for its best known products like iPhone, iPod, iPad and macintosh computers. Apple is already the world’s most valuable company. After the iconic founder of Apple Steve Jobs died there wer some concerns about the growth but Tim Cook proved to be a worthy successor. Apple is at top of the list in terms of share price.
2) IBM ($238.07 Billion)- In terms of share price, IBM (International Business Machines Corporation) is on second spot. IBM is an multinational technology and consulting corporation. IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware and software. It also offers IT services and consulting. The 100 years old company has gone through many changes and faced many troubles when technology was changing and its business models were under question. But the company continues to look optimistically at the future and now IBM is second most valuable technology company.
3) Microsoft ($264.48 billion)- Microsoft corporation is also an American multinational computer software and internet company that manufactures, develops and supports a wide range of products and services related to computer. Founded on April 4,1974 by Bill Gates, company is also famous for its microsoft line of windows. Company is right now on 3rd spot in terms of market share price. Company is facing tough competition from Apple, Google and Facebook for technological supermacy. Microsoft is an iconic company that brought a huge revolution in field of Computer, continues to make huge profits and revenues.
4) Google ($163.11 billion)- Google is an American multinational internet and software corporation famous for its internet search, cloud computing and advertising technologies. It develops number of internet based products and services and is making profit through its Ads-work program. It was once at the top of the world in terms of technology. The company is facing tough competition from Apple and Facebook. The company recently entered mobile technology and social networking by launching Android operating system and Google+ respectively.Google continues to be one of the best technology companies of the world and right now on 4th spot in terms of market share price.
5) Oracle ($148.56 billion)- Oracle corporation is also an American multinational company that specializes in developing computer hardware syatems ad software. It started off selling database management systems. By 2007 Oracle had the third largest software revenue, after Microsoft and IBM.Larry Ellison, co-founder of Oracle Corporation, has served as Oracle’s CEO throughout its history.The company is 5th best technology company.
6) Intel ($140.19 billion)- Intel is an American multinational semiconductor chip maker corporation.It is an inventor of 8086 series of microprocessors. Intel manufactures motherboard chipsets, network interface controllers, flash memory, graphic chips, embedded processors and several other devices related to computing. Intel is increasing computing capabilities by introducing new architectures every year. Right now on 6th spot Intel will have to innovate at a much faster rate then it have ever did in the modern world of tablets and smartphones.
7) Qualcomm ($113.65 billion)- Qualcomm is an American multinational corporation that is famous for its digital wireless telecommunications products and services based on its code division multiple access (CDMA) technology and other technologies. Qualcomm is an developer of mobile phone chips. Now company is entering the PC microprocessor market. This should be another market that it will crack considering its past performance. Company is right now on 7th spot in world of technology.
8) Cisco ($108.9 billion)- Cisco is an American multinational corporation that manufactures and sells networking equipment. Cisco is the global leader in networking. Company has suffered many ups and downs and last year announced a series of layoffs. Company’s CEO John Chambers believes that all future growth will be dependent on emerging international markets such as India and Brazil. Cisco announced to invest &545 million to build a technology centre in Brazil to expand its manufacturing capacity. Cisco is on 8th position in terms of market share price.
9) Amazon ( $88.46 billion)- Amazon is an American multinational electronic commerce company. Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer. Started by Jeff Bezos the e-commerce company began by selling books but now sells almost anything. It has also offered hardware devices like kindle. Amazon has been successful in the e-commerce business till now. Amazon is on 9th spot with a market share price of $88.46 billion.
10)- EMC ($59.95 billion)- EMC corporation develops, supports and delivers information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure hardware, software and services required for business to switch to the IT as a service model. Right now company is on 10th spot in terms of market share price.